Properties and Function of STABILUS Gas Springs
The LIFT-O-MAT gas spring is a hydropneumatic adjustment element consisting of a pressure tube, piston rod with piston, as well as a suitable end fitting. It is filled with nitrogen, which, under constant pressure, acts on piston cross sections of different sizes, creating a force in the extension direction. This force can be accurately specified through the individual fill pressure.
Among the advantages of these gas springs – compared with mechanical springs – are their defined speed curve and excellent damping properties, which make handling even heavy lids and doors comfortable. Ease of mounting, compact dimensions, a flat spring characteristic curve and a very broad selection of available strengths and end fittings round out the positive overall picture of LIFT-O-MAT gas springs.
Advantages of LIFT-O-MAT Gas Springs
- Broad selection of sizes, force variants, and end fittings
- Compact design, small space requirement
- Fast and easy assembly
- Flat spring characteristic curve; i.e., low force increase, even for high forces or large strokes
- Linear, progressive, or degressive spring characteristic curve
- Variable locking mechanism (product-specific)
- End position lock (extended and compressed)
- Additional functions, such as electric switches, stop function, etc. can be integrated
LIFT-O-MAT Gas Springs for the Automotive Industry
Stabilus as a Development Supplier
As the world market leader for gas pressure springs, Stabilus has been enjoying an excellent reputation as a development supplier to the automotive industry for decades. Through our long-term experience and our close collaboration with the manufacturers, we are optimally familiar with your requirements, needs, and specifications.
Since most gas springs need to be adapted for each vehicle model, our development and application engineers will be at your side from the very beginning: during design, the usual CAD activities, and the standards-compliant specification procedures.
Customers appreciate our efficient, fast sample construction and our special test procedures. We also provide support throughout the fine-tuning phase up to series launch.